Safeguarding & Child Protection
Wallington High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are carried out on all staff.
For Safeguarding concerns during the summer holidays could professionals please email email@example.com where you will be directed to staff who can help you.
Click here to read our GLT Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
The school will ensure that all staff have updated knowledge about safeguarding so that we can:
- establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, able to talk, and are listened to
- ensure students know there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried
- include opportunities in the main curriculum as well as in PSCHE / Tutor Time, Assembly or Enrichment day activities so that all pupils develop the skills to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
We follow the procedures set out by the Sutton Safeguarding Children Board and the London Safeguarding Children Board and take account of guidance issued by the Department for Education:
- The Designated Safeguarding Lead for Child Protection and Safeguarding and the Single Point of Access for Prevent is Miss M Gough, Assistant Headteacher, who can be contacted either by telephone on: 0208 647 2380, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms S Wilson (Student Support Officer) can be contacted via telephone or email at email@example.com